HyperSpy: multi-dimensional data analysis toolbox¶
HyperSpy is an open source Python library which provides tools to facilitate the interactive data analysis of multi-dimensional datasets that can be described as multi-dimensional arrays of a given signal (e.g. a 2D array of spectra a.k.a spectrum image).
HyperSpy aims at making it easy and natural to apply analytical procedures that operate on an individual signal to multi-dimensional arrays, as well as providing easy access to analytical tools that exploit the multi-dimensionality of the dataset.
Its modular structure makes it easy to add features to analyze different kinds of signals.
- Two families of named and scaled axes: signal and navigation.
- Visualization tools for multi-dimensional spectra and images.
- Easy access multi-dimensional curve fitting and blind source separation.
- Built on top of NumPy, SciPy, matplotlib and scikit-learn.
- Modular design for easy extensibility.
The development has been motivated by the data analysis needs of the electron microscopy community but it is proving useful in many other fields.
We are happy to announce a HyperSpy workshop at the SCANDEM2016 conference. The workshop will take place on the 7th of June 2016 in Trondheim, Norway. There area only 20 places available. Registration to the conference is required to register to the workshop.
We are pleased to announce the release of HyperSpy 0.8.3 and 0.8.4.